No. If the intent is to provide the alternate payee with interest and investment income or losses that are attributable to his/her share of the benefits from the date of assignment to the date of distribution, the QDRO must include specific language to this effect. If the QDRO does not include a specific reference regarding investment growth, the alternate payee’s share of the benefits may be “frozen” as of the effective date of assignment.  In California, the alternate payee is entitled to gains/losses on their awarded share (unless the Judgment/MSA specifically states that gains/losses will not be included), so the QDRO must include language to match such intent.